What types of eVisas to India can I apply for online?
India has three (3) eVisa types that you can apply for online.
- e-Tourist visa,
- e-Business Visa
- e-Medical visa
How many entries comes with the eVisa to India?
- Two (2) double entry for the e-Tourist and e-Business Visa.
- Three (3) triple eEntries for the e-Medical Visa.
How long is the approval or waiting time to get my eVisa to India?
It can take anywhere up to 3-4 business days for approval. We suggest travelers apply at least 4-5 business days BEFORE their flight to India in order to avoid delays.
Can I enter India anywhere with this Indian type of visa that is electronic?
No. The eVisas can ONLY be used to enter into these 24 Indian Airports:
- Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi
How long is the visa valid and how does the validity work?
The validity of the eVisa to India is 120 days meaning that if you apply on 1 Sept then, considering it takes 3-4 days for approval, your visa will be then valid for an arrival date anywhere between 5 Sept and 2 Jan.
Note that each visa type has a different number of entries
- Business and Tourist Visa – 2 entries in one calender year (January to December)
- Medical – 3 entries in one calendar year (January to December)
I will travel with my kids, should I apply for them too?
Yes, every traveler needs to have his or her own visa.
How long can I stay in India?
You can stay a maximum 60 days from the date of arrival in India.
I have multiple trips to India in this coming year, can I always just re-apply for the eVisa?
No. The Indian eVisa is ONLY available for a maximum of two times in 1/a calendar year (January to December)